Owners of residential property portfolios face different challenges to those owning commercial property. Regulation is much tighter, and actions are subject to wider scrutiny. As well as this, when disputes do arise, residential tenants or occupiers are much more likely to want to protect or enhance their rights.
Our residential property litigation services include:
- Recovering possession of property
- Rent recovery (including court and tribunal proceedings, and insolvency proceedings)
- Claims for disrepair and other disputes over breaches of covenant
- Service charge disputes, challenges and consultations
- Applications to the First-tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) and the Upper Tribunal
- Recovery of premises from unlawful occupiers/squatters
- Lease extensions and collective enfranchisement claims
- Acquisition of the freehold interest by leaseholders
- Disputes with owners of neighbouring properties over boundaries, easements (e.g. rights of way, rights to park, rights to light, etc.), trespass, nuisance and adverse possession
We regularly act on behalf of investors, landlords, homeowners and leaseholders in relation to all manner of disputes relating to residential property.
Our property litigation lawyers have considerable experience working for investors and developers, as well as individual leaseholders, on residential property disputes.
We will work hard to get a satisfactory outcome without having to resort to court proceedings. However, if a matter does proceed to court, our lawyers have the specialist expertise to get the best resolution for you.
We are commercially-focused, and provide practical advice that seeks to solve problems, rather than producing obstacles.
Our lawyers are highly-responsive and provide quality advice and representation to help bring a dispute to the best conclusion.
If you are interested in understanding how WRJ Solicitors can help you with your Commercial Litigation, call us on 01926 258182 or contact us online and we’ll come back to you as soon as possible.